Friday, June 24, 2011

A vagabond piece of paper

A little tramp scribbled nothings on me, learning to write
Spotted me later with the meat ball gravy and crumbs of pie
Before I could try, to clean myself and let out a sigh,
I was rolled mercilessly into a clod and thrown away with all the might.

I was a spotless white sheet of paper
But now feel nothing less than a leper
Flying away from one window to another
Trying to survive with as much strength I can gather

Things got worse, as I got stuck beneath a small stone
And it began to rain making me sweat and cry alone
Suddenly a cheerful cherub picked me overjoyed in the rain
Straightened me and turned me into a boat, simple and plain

The kind bairn also set me free in a stream of river
And I embarked on the journey a little afraid letting a quiver
The trail was remarkable emblazoned with the beautiful sights,
And the carefree wind pushed me through as the guiding light

I sail now smiling, a vagabond piece of paper
That got turned by destiny into an indomitable caper
Sailing with an attitude, using my guts to get the direction
I am on an endless adventure taking even my end to perfection.

- Roushni Singh

1 comment:

Aprajita said...

It's good Roushni!